This is a two day recipe. Make the night before and let it soak for a delicious, mouth watering roast. Cooking times will vary depending on a few factors: your oven, size of roast, and desired doneness.
1 Eye of Round Roast
Chipotle Oil (optional)
Liquid Smoke (optional)
⅓ cup beer
- Fold together tinfoil to make an extra wide sheet.
- Place roast in the middle.
- Sprinkle liquid smoke and Chipotle oil over the roast. Rub to get the mixture all over. Liquid smoke is strong. Only use 3-4 drops.
- Generously sprinkle the Cajun Spice and rub thoroughly on the roast.
- Fold up tinfoil. Add the beer just before sealing the envelope.
- Wrap in 2 more layers of tinfoil.
- Place in the fridge overnight, rotating/flipping once.
- Preheat oven (400F) or BBQ (on high).
- Bake roast for 30 minutes, rotate/flip and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- If roast is thick, cook longer. Test with a meat thermometer.